Friday, April 08, 2011

It's magical..!!


And so four years later, the Indian team, with their wonderful performance has answered the critics who had poured out their disappointment of the 2007 loss at various venues like me. What a victory it was, and what a time and place to make it happen. From the lows of 2007 to the victory of 2011, that too right in the midst of the people for whom they had to prove a point. Like the proverbial phoenix, they rose from the ashes to conquer the Cup, and with it, the hearts of millions who spent their better part of the month watching cricket and trying to make sense of the impossible-seeming UDRS. Integral calculus was easy!

Sure, when I re-read my post, I bit my tongue and felt sorry for having had been so harsh four years ago, but back then the defeat was so diasppointing. Hope Sunny will himself be part of the team in 2067 giving India the 15th World cup, and not trying to decipher an unknown word called cricket :-)

Personally, I had much more to be happy about the World cup for having attended one of the league matches India played, and having seen the victorious team perform on their way to winning the Cup, and having had a glimpse of the 'soon-to-be-ours' trophy that was displayed before the match (probably an imitation, but who cares!). How much I wanted India to win the cup at that moment! And a month later, it is all ours.



Congratulations Team India, it was great watching you play. And hope the success spreads a smile across every Indian staying far and wide.

2 comments:

Swapna said...

Back to reading your blog after a long time. I can't believe I missed 3 of your posts... :)
I have to say it is to do with the world cup fever, so I am sure you will be OK with that....
Congratulations to team India.. will be cherised by one and all for a long time. And I am sure by now Sunny not only knows what cricket means, he also knows all the rules of the game and will be all set to play for team India. :)

Gopi Krishna said...

Perfectly OK with that. I would miss my own blog for a world cup :)