Monday, June 01, 2009

I Write

What would my autobiography be called?

That's the question I have been asking myself these days.

I think the title of an autobiography is what makes it interesting. It is obvious that the readers know a thing or two about the person in question already as, in all probability, he/she is/was a famous person. So the only thing that lures one into reading a book written about someone is an intriguing title.

It should be both - a phrase that catches the attention of the reader, and also a phrase that perfectly represents the life story of the person. I am not sure many people have come up with such titles. Most of the times it would be "Autobiography of.. " or "The story of.." which makes it bland and normal. Or in other cases, it will be a perfect phrase that catches the attention but does not match the content.

Coming back to the thought of mine, if I were ever to write one, it would be anyone's guess to think that it would be named "Questions without Answers", but no. Being an optimist, I would like to think that I would've found the answers to most of the questions before I start writing down my story, if ever I would. I would like it to be something along "Answers to Questions without Answers" not "Questions without Answers", or would it be too long? I don't know. :-)

I came up with one in the title of the post, but am not sure if someone had already used it up.

I thought its not worth wasting the weekend thinking about something that I might not even do, so I let it go but the thought found its place finally on this blog.

So titles are welcome. No royalty will be paid though ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Taxed my life was...
- GKL

Gopi Krishna said...

Naa. that's just a small chunk. There's much more than that happening.. at least I wish to think so ;-)

Anonymous said...

I meant 'Taxed' in broadest sense only ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. that’s interesting to introspect ! Ya it does need to be fascinating to draw the attention of readers. To suggest something it could be ‘Intellectual writing for life’s challenge ’. ;-)
But I wonder, what made you think of this question at this early stage!

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - I hurry up on job. But I will return - I will necessarily write that I think.