Wednesday, September 06, 2006

coincidence(s)

Tried finding some reasons, if not good reasons, but none of them impressed me. Seems like I have already made a valiant attempt to answer the question "why do I blog", in one of the posts in the past, but the reasons mentioned there now seem unimpressive. Change of perception, again, I guess. Reminds me of a proverb - source unknown, which goes like "The philosophy of one generation is common sense to the next generation". That explains why complex things in the past now seem simple and sometimes stupid. Anyway, I am back to random writing, leaving the reasons thing un-attempted.

Coincidences amuse me a lot. Come September 5th, I am reminded of all the coincidences that happened on this particular day a few years back. It was teachers day as usual. And it was Ganesh Chathurthi too. A coincidence in itself, that the teachers day fell on the birthday of the God considered a maestro/guru of education. Another coincidence being that Mother Teresa passed away that very day. So, in total, this day brings memories of all these incidents, good and bad, all happening on the same day making the day important in more than one ways.

Coincidence of ideas is what brought me to write about coincidences. Sometimes when I see a new software product or a new portal, I feel I have thought about this idea sometime in the past and how the idea of the product coincided with mine. I know, most of us programmers feel the same. But what separates us and them is initiative, and most importantly, vision, I guess.

One more coincidence is that I have already written a post about coincidence in the past :).

And yeah, in the meanwhile we had Blogger's day, the 31st of August*. Happy blogging to all bloggers. I am sure this one is not popularized by the greeting card companies. Whoever did it, it comes as a boon for people like me waiting for a topic to fill in some text and post it on my blog so that my reader(s) don't see the same post when they visit the blog.

* - For the unaware, 31st of August when written in DDMM format - 3108 looks like BLOG, hence it is considered Bloggers day.

No comments: