Wednesday, August 10, 2005

a comment and a zillion thoughts

Ecstatic I was, to see a comment left on my blog.
Why should I not be, for it was the first valid comment somebody ever put on my blog.
I know that I hardly have any readers. But when I saw there was one, I was impressed.
After all some unknown person is also reading my blog, I thought.

Then started the guessing game. Who would it be? someone I knew? somebody I told about my blog? someone who accidentally came across and either was impressed by my writing or was totally disappointed at me having a blog? Thousands thoughts crossed my mind, but they lasted only for a few seconds before the much-awaited precious comment unleashed before me on my favorite browser.
And I was dumb-struck.

The comment:
"Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106.
No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!"

I just can't resist appreciating the way marketing is changing the world.
Of the umpteen number of ways of promoting your business, this blog-commenting is the latest I suppose. Generating bot-programs to scan people's blogs and put in an ad there. Wow! What an idea clubbed with efficient technology.

But, a few things. (if the comment was the result of some bot.)
Is the program so intelligent to decipher that I am interested in advancing my life, just by reading some irregular posts of mine.

The idea is promising, though. Imagine me getting an MBA and a Ph.D with no exams and the best part is: in any field. Be it Microbiology or/and Astronomy or/and Paleontology.
That would be a great idea.

And why should all this be confidential?
So many questions left unanswered by a single comment.

And the highlight of the whole comment was it inspired to make a new post.
It came in the right moment, when I was searching for topics to post about.

Till one more comment gets me to write more.

No comments: