Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quick and Quicker..


After the pleasant experience of renewing my passport at the newly created Passport Seva Kendras, I am happy enough to write about it. Having heard so many complaints, in general, about the process of getting a new one or renewing it, the very idea of renewing mine gave me apprehension. I decided to start early and luckily, there was this huge advertisement in all newspapers about the process and I decided to check it out. Everything was online, starting from filling the form, uploading supporting documents and generating a token for the appointment. The site was well designed and did not give any problems though the lazy me took a few weeks to fill out the form!

And on the appointment day, I had to wait for a good 45 mins to get my turn submitting the documents and if I only I had enough of them, the whole process would have been completed in two hours. But it wasn't so for me. Had to do an extra trip for the documents. However, the reception was professional, the executives clarified all my questions and the whole process was so seamless and at the end of it all, I got my passport in exactly a week. Unbelievable, after what I heard from internet forums and friends. Sets an example to the way customer services should be delivered in our country. Hope all the other departments follow suit.

In other news, Rahul Dravid, 'the wall' of Indian cricket retired in what is a big loss to Indian cricket. The man stood for consistency, determination and humility. I always liked the way he spoke and consider myself lucky to have had such great cricketers playing in my cricket watching career!

No comments: