Monday, April 24, 2006

the man, the legend.


Way back in 1992, for the first time that day, when a cricket match was being broadcast, I did not switch off the TV. Before that day, I could never understand the game. So many men clad in white, complex rules of the game, it was not as simple as kicking a ball into a goal post. And, the inset view in which two people seemed that they wanted to meet each other but never did, and instead, crossed over.

But that day I thought I would give it a shot and try to understand the game. Not that the day was special. But it was this person's feat which really inspired me to do so. And the person was Sachin Tendulkar, the legend himself. No, as many would guess, it was not his batting that caught my attention but a catch, he took. Catching a ball miles high and with such ease, he made it look so simple. That day I became a member of the cricket fan club. From catches to matches, my passion grew, about cricket and about the man's batting.

From that day till today, the reason I watch cricket is Sachin. Not me alone, he is the reason lakhs of people watch cricket today. He is God. For without him and his elegant style, I would have quit watching cricket long back. Every time I think 'This is it, we would get no more from this man', he comes back strong to prove his Numero Uno position. No man can equal his skill. Batsmen may come, batsmen may go. But Sachin is class apart.

A tribute to this cricket God on his birthday.
Thank You Sachin, for all the cricket.


Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First blog with a pic. Sachin gets the credit :)

Anonymous said...

Wether sachin is\was numeruno during his career is debatable,but i echo with your statment that he is\was "class apart".I wish sachin belated HappyBirthday wishes thru ur blog.

Lets hope that sachin rises from his injuries like the phoenix from ashes.

Gopi Krishna said...

@charan :
I am afraid this is not the first post with a pic. There were a couple of 'em earlier.

@anon :
My pleasure, that someone would want to wish thru my blog. :)

And the phoenix thing, me too hope so !